Tho-So-Aa - Dying Reveal


Drone Records DR-76

One of my personal musical heroes released a 7" on one of my favorite labels. Can things still go wrong? Nhaaa, not really ;-)

After a series of CD's Tho-So-Aa finally has a piece of vinyl in his dicography, on the strongly thematic Drone Records. Drone Records theme is 'simple'. First release: 250 or 300 pieces of 7" vinyl, 33 rpm. The color of the vinyl is being decided on by the artist and the covers are made by him/her/them. Possible furter series are based on this first series by the owner of the label, no other then Baraka[h], who used to be in Maeror Tri and is now part of Troum.

Back to this release. "Sadly" I only got the promo-version, so I can't really judge on the cover which - in many other Drones - is a definite part of the release. But I can judge the music. And it is great!

Tho-So-Aa is someone I personally would have expected on this label much sooner. Heavy sonic landscapes with (except for the last minute on the B-side) the emphasis on the drones within the track. This time mostly combined with manipulated voices (which is new to his music I believe).

That final minute is a manipulated piece of classical music or a composition of Tho-So-Aa himself. It's definitly not bad, but it is a bit "weird" to combine a change this big on a relatively short release.

For Droners and Dreamers: A must have.

Comments