Beyond Sensory Experience - The Dull Routine Of Existence


Cold Meat Industry cmi154

How can existence be dull if this kind of music is being made? While listening on the headphones and writing this review, I looked over my shoulder various times because I thought I heard something ... THAT was how much I got sucked into the atmospheres on this release. And I'm used to quite some stuff, believe me!

Ten tracks ranging from drones to dark ambient to minimal industrial rhythms and even influences from folk, this CD covers a lot of styles and still it can very well be seen as a whole. And that is something very worthwhile and difficult to achieve.

The origin and background of BSE can already be read on the earlier review on gothtronic so I won't bother you with that. That review ended with "This is not an easy record but who can give it some time will get much pleasure out of this" and well, in a way the same goes for this release with one difference. No, it's not an easy release, but with the combining of various styles BSE managed to make difficult styles and combination more open to a probably broader audience they had until now. Without making it sound cheesy in any way.

And I still haven't said something negative? Hmm ... Ok, that track from Le Mystère Des Voix Bulgares has officially died of overuse ;-)

This is definitly a release worth buying!

Comments