Marvin Ayres - Cellosphere


Burning Shed

When I put the CD into my computer, iTunes perfectly loaded the titles and the artist's name. But under style it said 'New Age' which I honestly think is comparable with inserting Helmet's 'In the meantime' and waiting until iTunes labels it 'Rock'. I mean, it's got guitars right?

Cellospere has been released before, in 1999 to be precise, by the Mille Plateaux label and why haven't I found out about this 10 years ago. The album would fit perfectly in my collection.

So, what is it you can expect on this album? Massive ambience created by soundmanipulation. Source mainly (uniquely) from cello and violin. Four tracks of (approx) 12, 4, 23 and 10 minutes and as with ambient music, it is perfect for playing - on repeat - in the background. But also when you're reading a book or maybe while relaxing on a hot summers day in a lounge-chair on the balcony with the doors wide open.

Comments