Christopher McFall & Asher - An Amber Hollowed Night


Taalem

Taalem releases all their works in batches of three, and the last batch was delivered onto my floor mat some time ago. But I only wrote about two of them. So did I forget about that third one? No! Was it so bad I didn't know hoe to express myself? Oh GAWD no!

True reason: It got lost in the twilight area between light and dark. The sun was gone and the moon hadn't showed itself yet and I suspect the little 3" beauty tried to hide itself from me.

Two unknown artists collaborate on 'An Amber Hollowed Night', two artists from who I've never heard before. Christopher McFall hails from Kansas City and has released works on a.o. Mystery Sea and Entr'acte - definitely very fine labels for soundartists. From Asher it is much harder to find information, but little by little we get to know more. He seems to run the Sourdine label who also releases McFall and for example Steve Roden.

'An Amber Hollowed Night' is a piece with some great dynamics, sometimes falling into almost silent phrases. And as silence is the absolute ambient, you can't complain there. A great way to get acquainted to the artists, and yet another 3" to be proud of for the Taalem guys.

Comments