Hazard - Wind


Ash International

The latest works from this Swedish incarnation of a God of unknown origin. The things he touches become gold and just as his work before this (Field, Bridge, Wood) this CD is mainly built around recordings made in the open air. When I spoke to Benny at I think it was last years Gothic Wave Treffen, where he was on stage with Deutsch Nepal, he told me about this idea and with all the help in the world, at that moment I couldn't imagine what would become of it.

And now it lies before me, an opened Digipack, soberly designed with a lot of text and a 50.01 minute CD is in my CD-player. I went to sit down to write this review, after hearing this CD at least 6 times in the last 2 days ... My God, the things he can do with sounds ... Layer upon layer, nowhere close to his release on Malignant (Lech) where you can hear him finding his way from the old Morthound-sound to where he actually wants it to be. Maybe the 'Wrapped in plastic' track on Lech is closest to his now finally grown and matured sound.

Should I tell you about the tracks on this CD? Hmmm ... I don't know, it's rather useless to describe all off them; The atmosphere however can be described and throughout the album that is the only handle you'll need, as the wind will truely wipe you off your feet and it will blow away all thoughts you're struggling with ...

Dark droning sublayers, miniscule variations with big effects, objects flying around through your head as well as the space surrounding you; Does it speak to you?

Comments