Terroritmo - Premonitions


Hau Ruck HR! 77

Terroritmo thanks on their 2nd CD (5th release) 'everybody', but spesial friendship and respect is shown towards Albin Julius. Which figures if you consider that this CD has been released on his Hau Rück label. In the meantime the 77th release on the sidelabel of WKN - on which only 25 releases were done. Has the sidelabel outgrown his brother?

Concerning the music, Terroritmo - as far as my knowledge towards martial goes - sounds more towards Italian experimentalists then Der Blutharsch. The first comparison that came up was Agonije; Which was mainly because of the atmosphere in the openingtrack 'Anima Obscura'. And I don't know if it's a coincidence but that track is dedicated to the memory of Jhonn Balance who died last year and like Agonije he also was very spiritual.

After many listens I sadly have to write that this CD just doesn't do it to me. Yes, it's definitly an album which is more then worth it for people into martial, occult folk, dark ambient and Italian experimentalism. And I know they will think I'm crazy for writing this down.

The problem for me is that it's all a bit too "easy" for my taste. The CD plays for an hour, but the final track, counting a little over 23 minutes, ends in 15 minutes loose incoherent sounds which don't really go somewhere. 'Desert Ground' - the track before that - is a short 2 minute track which could have been expanded beautifully. But it only lasts for 2 minutes!. And together that is almost 20 minutes of "unsatisfied" feeling.

The third track 'Hostages' is really a masterpiece and togehter with 'Anima Obscura' the highlight of the CD. If the rest was a bit more coherent and 'thought off' no doubt it would go straight into my yearlist.

Comments