Scrap.EDX - Recoil the void


Hand Productions HANDS0091

Scrape.[DX] is Joshua Colella is Scrap.EDX. This is his third full album and after DTA Records the honours for this release go to Hands Productions. Hailing from Connecticut he is a regular on industrial and noise parties in the north-eastern parts of the United States and because of that I personally had the pleasure of seeing him on more then one event. And without turning a CD review into a concert-review I can say that he stole my musical heart right the first time and since then never let me down. And now the U.S. is taken care of, it'll be time to conquer Europe.

'Recoil the void' has a little over 9 tracks and plays close to 74 minutes. The tracks are quite long and each build up gradually. With this approach it reminds me a bit of Converter's Shockfront on Ant-Zen. That album too had long tracks where the intros formed a steady base for each track to get into the mood.

Musically the CD reminds me a bit of Converter too with the big difference that Converter uses nicely overdriven beats and loops where Scrap.EDX is much more clean in his sounds. Please don't misunderstand me, I love both and the danceability of both artists is awesome!.

Knowing quite some of Scrap's other works I honestly also must say that this album is much more thumping then for example 'The Latitude Zero Project' but that suits the Hands label perfectly. This album couldn't have been released on a more suitable label.

Therefore: If Punch INC, Converter, Asche and Winterkalte are in your collection and your looking for great stuff to dance to, get this album and show your face at the upcoming Forms of Hands festival.

Comments