Vestigial - Aeon


New Sun Recordings

Every once in a while people contact me and ask me to send a demo or promotional copy from something they did. And in most cases I forward them to the office beause in that way all reviewers can get an equal chance on reviewing the item. But in some cases the artist has set his or her mind on sending something to me and there are chances I submit (drones, dark ambient, avant-gardistic stuff, you know my taste).

If the result is good, the review - albeit a demo or just a CD-r - will find its way over to the webzine. I recall previous reviewed demo-releases from Grimbergen and Thermidor receiving good credits. And now another dark ambient title can be added to this small but worthwile list.

The Italian project Vestigal with his first release - a black 3" CD-r - fully caught me by surprise. Released under his own management, under the alias New Sun Recordings, this is a musically high standard, well taken care of, nicely printed and designed product.

With tracktitles like 'Last Extinction Prayer', 'The Grey Constellation', 'Dagda Rising' & 'Celebrating The New Sun' you already notice the darkness of the content. And if I write that it should be considered in the same style as Lustmord, Tho-So-Aa, Blood Box and The Anti Group Communication I KNOW Vestigial will get your eyes' and ears' attention.

Now ... When is the first fulltime CD coming up ?!

Comments